Well, I did it! Last night, I finished the second sleeve and I did ALL the seaming for this sweater last evening. You can thank Jonestown: The Life and Death of the People's Temple. Man, what bizarre history. After the movie, I tried the sweater on, and I LOVE it. The only thing I would have done differently was to pick up the stitches around the armholes for the sleeves and knit them top down. As it is right now, the arm holes are WAY too snug compared to the rest of the sweater. This is definitely due to the seaming, because when I tried on this sweater as a vest, I did not notice this at all.
I also had time to block it! I'm hoping it will be dry by the weekend so I can wear it and Justin can help me take pictures. I always think sweaters look so weird when they are blocked. I mean, look at that! I have to keep the ribbing at the waist tight like that, because if you stretch it out to dry, the fabric will lose its spring. And the sleeves look like whoa. I'm glad when I put it on it magically turns into a sweater.
I also installed those nifty Ravelry progress bars in place of the Current Projects descriptions. Those links will take you to my project page on Ravelry, so if you are not a member, sorry! Soon Ravelry will be available to everyone and you won't have to sign up in order to see everything I wanted to de-clutter my layout a bit, and I ended up changing the design in the process.